Get the help you need

Westminster Mutual Aid is no longer active as a central coordination organisation, we are now referring people to other places they can access support

  • It is possible to request support via Westminster Council

  • Westminster Connects (Westminster Council) helpline: 020 7641 1222

  • If you are concerned about anyone who you think requires care and support please phone 020 7641 1444 or 020 7641 1175 or email

  • If you or anyone in your household has symptoms you are advised to stay at home. If you are staying at home and need help please also email

  • Please click here for the latest NHS advice on staying at home. If you are concerned about your health or someone else's you should contact the NHS 111 online.

  • If you are you feeling anxious about the impact of the virus on yourself, family or loved ones and would like to talk to someone about your feelings, please consider contacting Central and West London Talking Therapies (Westminster) service .To arrange a call or to find out more, please contact by phone on 030 3333 0000, email or fill in a self-referral form at

  • For the latest support available from Westminster Council, please click here.

  • If you are experiencing any difficulty with your gas and electricity / fuel poverty, contact Shine London by texting 078 0000 6143 or clicking here. . You'll be called back by an energy advisor who will help you to speak to your supplier, keep your home safe and warm, and access support.

  • If you need delivery of a repeat prescription, see if this service, offering free delivery through your door to any UK address, can help you before raising a request

  • Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person. Register if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus. For example, you’ll be able to ask for help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food

  • Turn2us is a national charity providing practical help to people who are struggling financially

Places to access food

North Paddington Food Bank

Westminster Chapel

Covent Garden Community Centre & Dragon Hall Trust request form

Ebury Food Surplus

Vital Meals

Other support

Little Village HQ

Age UK Westminster

Domestic Violence UK

Safeguarding and child welfare

The NSPCC and Childline are great resources for volunteers, children and parents. You can also refer safeguarding concerns to the NSPCC, should you need to.

NSPCC - free, confidential support for adults if you are worried about a child.

Go to the NSPCC website or call 0808 800 5000.

Childline - free confidential online support and a phone line for children and young people up to the age of 18.

Go to the Childline website or call 0800 1111.

NAPAC - Childhood abuse

Go to the NAPAC website or call 0808 801 0331

Mental health, sexuality and eating disorders

These organisations provide excellent advice, help and information.

Brook - provides free and confidential sexual health and well-being services young people.

Go to the Brook website

Samaritans - confidential emotional support for anyone who needs to talk, including those feeling suicidal.

Go to the Samaritans website or call 116 113.

selfharm UK - supporting young people and parents impacted by self-harm.

Go to the selfharm UK website

Beat - provides support and advice to young people and adults who are affected by eating disorders.

Go to the Beat website, call the Helpline on 0808 801 0677, the Youthline on 0808 801 0711, or the Studentline on 0808 801 0811.

Young Minds - committed to improving the emotional well-being and mental health of children and young people, through offering support to children and their parents.

Go to the Young Minds website or call their Parent Helpline 0808 802 5544.

Cruse Bereavement Care - provides care and support after the death of someone close.

Go to the Cruse Bereavement Care website or call 0808 808 1677.

Stonewall Youth - work for equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people.

Go to the Stonewall Youth website or call 08000 502020.

Mermaids - family and individual support for teenagers and children with questions about their gender identity.

Go to the Mermaids UK website or call 0808 801 0400.

Gendered Intelligence - deliver trans youth programmes, support for parents and carers, professional development and trans awareness training for all sectors and workshops for schools, colleges, Universities and other educational settings.

Go to the Gendered Intelligence website

Alcohol, illegal drugs and smoking

Frank – offers friendly, confidential drugs advice

Go to the Talk to Frank website or call 0300 1236600

NACOA - The National Association for Children of Alcoholics

Go to the NACOA website or call 0800 358 3456

Sexual related concerns or abuse

Lucy Faithful Foundation - can be a good place of support for those families affected by sexual abuse

Go to the Lucy Faithfull website or call 0808 1000 900.

Rape Crisis – offer support to victims of rape

Go to the Rape Crisis website


Victim Support – offer support for anyone that has been impacted by crime. They also provide specific advice and support throughout the process of a trial.

Go to the Victim Support website or call 0808 1689 111.

Refuge (UK) – for women and children against domestic violence.

Go to the Refuge website, or call 0808 2000 247