Westminster Mutual Aid
We are a group of local volunteers (Westminster Covid-19 Mutual Aid group) trying to help our local community.
Please note we are only able to help those in the following areas at this current time - Pimlico, Vincent Square, Knightsbridge & Belgravia, Fitzrovia/Marylebone, Maida Vale, Regent's Park, Abbey Road, Little Venice, Westbourne Park, Hyde Park and Lancaster Gate.
There are some tasks that we cannot assist with for your safety and the safety of the volunteers. In some instances, we may recommend that you reach out to the organisations listed below for the professional support they have available:
-Please note that it is now possible to request support via Westminster Council https://www.westminster.gov.uk/ask-help
- Westminster Connects (Westminster Council) helpline: 020 7641 1222
-If you are concerned about anyone who you think requires care and support please phone 020 7641 1444 or 020 7641 1175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you or anyone in your household has symptoms you are advised to stay at home. If you are staying at home and need help please also email email@example.com
- Please click here for the latest NHS advice on staying at home. If you are concerned about your health or someone else's you should contact the NHS 111 online.
- If you are you feeling anxious about the impact of the virus on yourself, family or loved ones and would like to talk to someone about your feelings, please consider contacting Central and West London Talking Therapies (Westminster) service .To arrange a call or to find out more, please contact by phone on 030 3333 0000, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in a self-referral form at http://cnwl-iapt.uk/
- For the latest support available from Westminster Council, please click here.
- If you are experiencing any difficulty with your gas and electricity / fuel poverty, contact Shine London by texting 078 0000 6143 or clicking here. . You'll be called back by an energy advisor who will help you to speak to your supplier, keep your home safe and warm, and access support.
- If you need delivery of a repeat prescription, see if this service, offering free delivery through your door to any UK address, can help you before raising a request https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk
- Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person. Register if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus. For example, you’ll be able to ask for help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
- Turn2us is a national charity providing practical help to people who are struggling financially https://www.turn2us.org.uk/
We are very grateful to the Amersi Foundation, who have been helping Westminster Mutual Aid to support some of the most vulnerable residents in Westminster. Their support has helped us to provide much needed food and other essential items to many families and people experiencing homelessness in the borough.